Friday, February 10, 2006

DS goodness aplenty...

Well there's been more details on the DS lite coming in... Nintendo Japan has announced the official launch colors (Crystal White, Ice Blue, and Enamel Navy) that will be available in Japan on 3/2/06. Looks like the preorders are going for ~$169 on most of the import sites, personally I like the looks of that Enamel Navy one. :) I also like how they colored the d-pad, and other buttons to match the console color. The only thing that bothers me is my hands get kinda cramped from playing Animal Crossing for extended periods I wonder if the smaller form factor is going to make that worse? That was my big peeve with the GBA SP too, I preferred the grip on the original GBA so much better.

At the D.I.C.E. conference in Las Vegas big N announced some other juicy upcoming DS goodness. Retailers across the US will get Download Stations in a few weeks, (these will be like the ones currently in Japan, and the one set up last year at E3). The first DS Download Service stations will include free demos of Tetris DS (Yay!), Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day, Mario Kart DS, Meteos, True Swing Golf and Pokemon Trozei, along with a Metroid Prime Hunters video clip.

The news article goes on to announce that Metroid Prime Hunters will have voice chat built-in so that players can talk to each other before/after wi-fi matches.

No comments: