Thursday, June 02, 2005

Life after E3, NDS demos...

Wow, missed the update last friday. Wasn't much to say I was "recouping" from E3 (like when you need a vacation from your vacation?). 8+ hours for 3 days straight, and it almost seems like a job. Got my mouse that I won at E3 hooked up (MX518) haven't put it through any FPS action yet, but it works great on everyday tasks. It's so nice to have browser forward/back buttons on the mouse again, I just need to get back in the habit of using them.

Well I found out last weekend that someone had "ripped" the Nintendo DS E3 demos and made them available. On top of that there is a program called WiFiMe that is a wireless multiboot application, meaning that with the proper wireless card you can send streams from your PC to the NDS. What this all boils down to is you turn on your DS and select DS Download Play it searches for the "beacon", and then using the WiFi you can download the demos to your unit. They stay in memory until you power off your unit, so you can put the DS in sleep mode and keep it alive. I read some post where people had slept thier DS's since E3, and still were playing the last thing they downloaded. I'll post some more today when I have a chance.

No comments: