Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year, new post!

Well it's a brand new year, happy 2006 everyone. Where to start, hmmm. Work was really kinda hectic the last couple weeks, I remembered why Christmas sucked in retail. :) But, it's all good as its over now and we're settling back to normal.


Xbox 360 demos a plenty
I'm really starting to like the LIVE marketplace (I think I mentioned that before) as they just keep adding new downloads. They added a demo for Condemned, then Quake 4, and just today they added one for Fight Night Round 3 (not that I care about the boxing game, but it's still cool). I would like to see one for Dead or Alive 4 soon, to see how it looks. I tried out the Quake 4 demo tonight and it looks really pretty, I've read bad things about the framerate from various sources though. They make take place later in the game, or maybe in multiplayer which I didn't try yet.

More news as Square-Enix announced that the February issue of Official Xbox Magazine will indeed include the Final Fantasy XI 360 beta. I'm looking forward to playing some FFXI on my widescreen TV, and will probably pick up a USB keyboard to see if that works with it. We should know soon as I think the issue is supposed to hit stands on January 17th, and subscribers may get it before that. It would also be cool if it would support voice chat during gameplay, but I've heard conflicting reports on that. Here's a glimpse at what the DVD should look like...

Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta disc



Animal Crossing DS tidbits...
Okay I've been playing for quite a while now and enjoy it a lot. I joined in for the New Year's countdown celebration, which was cool. I enjoyed the fireworks, and the lights on trees in town. There was no Christmas celebration as evidently Christmas is not PC anymore, so it was removed along with some other holidays in the DS version.

I've collected all of the Snowman furniture so I'm not as obsessed with that now. I've been using the snowballs to lure dung beetles out as they sell for 800 bells to Nook, I'm still trying to catch a pill bug though.

I'm getting better at shooting packages down out of the sky, I think I've done 5-6 now. I know I have to get 15 then should get the golden slingshot. I also "caught" my first shooting star the other night. When you hear it whoosh across the screen you have to hit A, then it will kinda brighten up and sparkle. The next day you will get a present in the mail from Star.

Lastly I got my first resident picture the other day (Bella). I guess when you and an animal become "bestest ***dies" they will grace you with a picture of themselves. I hear they raise your HRA score greatly if placed in your house.

Kansas City!
Ok first off a big thank you to the Broncos for smacking the Chargers (sorry Jason) and keeping our playoff hopes alive! Then a big #%$!&* to the Steelers for spanking the Colts (Whoops! my bad.) Lions to kill them off. :( On a happy note I did finally tie for the win on the last regular season week in the football pool I'm in. :)

Week 1st: Edison, K-Statecat 11 Wins

Not great but hey it's the first time this season I've come out on top.

No comments: