Friday, January 27, 2006

More FFXI, new HD channel, and the DS goes on a diet!

Well I'm still playing quite a bit of the FFXI 360 beta, and really enjoying it. Now I'm also paying the fee to play on the PC which I haven't touched for at least a month and a half. :( I will probably end up playing my account on the 360 once the final game is released. Supposedly the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion will be included with the Xbox 360 version on April 18th (the PC/PS2 expansion will be available that same day). I'm guessing they'll release the 360 version for $59.99 with all of the expansions that's not too bad. I figure ToAU will sell for $29.99 by itself (like Chains did when it was released). I've been reading about the special fan festival that Square is throwing, and they've updated the giveaways section with the "gobbie bag" everyone gets, plus everyone attending will get a "Moggle Rod" in game item. I'm sorry but it just looks cool, no one knows what "power" it will have though.

It's the MOOGLE Rod!


Cox added another HD channel to their digital cable line up last week, Music HD which is High Def music, and specials. It seems to pull content from MTV, VH1, and CMT, but it all looks great. On the other hand, a lot of the content is only Dolby Digital 2.0? What's up with that? With how many DVD concerts and music videos that there are you would think everything would be in 5.1.


Well Nintendo finally came through on the Nintendo DS redesign (albeit about two weeks later than the 16th...). Seems like those of you who just got a DS are about to feel short changed, not much is known about the new unit other than what people can gather from the product shots (which supposedly not final).

No comments: