Friday, December 22, 2006

Se-XXX-y Zune, Orange Zune, and WiiNet.

I got a Zune today (Thanks going out to work & Microsoft!). It will be replacing my 60GB video ipod, losing some storage (that I wasn't using anyway) but gaining an FM tuner, and larger 'widescreen aspect' screen. I came home tonight and decided to surf some Zune websites to see what was in the news.

It seems a 12 year old in Chicago got a little too much luvin' from her Christmas Zune. Her parents bought a Zune for their daughter at the local Wal-Mart only to find that it was evidently returned with some 'eXXXtra' videos on it. Check out the segment from FOX Chicago's newscast, and feel better knowing Wally World is giving a refund, and a $25 gift card for their trouble.

I also found that Microsoft 'hid' 100 specially colored limited edition Zune's randomly inside the shipping units. I guess a couple of pink ones have turned up, and more recently an orange one. Of course these new Zune owners decided it would be better to eBay their limited edition Zune than holding onto it (the pink one I would have too, but the orange one is kinda snazzy (ahhh. Spice Gamecube flashbacks...))


As was posted a couple days ago, this morning I woke up to find my Wii glowing blue again. The beta version of the Opera browser was up for download today, I've read some forums this evening and it sounds like it works well. I'm still not convinced there is a giant market for surfing the net on your TV set, especially with a wiimote and no keyboard, but it's nice to the have the functionality if you ever want to use it.

No comments: