Monday, June 16, 2008

Bell breakdown, and stormy new tv shows...

I fell off the wagon yesterday, my curious side (and a free coupon) got the better of me. Taco Bell had introduced those Frutista drinks that I wanted to try plus the 'free trial' coupons I had expired Monday I decided it was as good as time as any to return. Its wierd when you haven't had something for 2 months how much better it taste vesus what you recall. Now mind you I didn't go oveboard and make my way back to the Polo de morte (Chicken of death) I kept it simple with a burrito supreme, and tacos. I'm loving the 'tomato' scare though I no longer have to say no tomatoes on any of my orders, as they aren't putting them on anyway.

Oh yeah btw the Frutista wasn't all that whoopie, I prefer the Strawberry over the Mango, but not something I'll go out of my way to get again.


Some of the new series have picked up on tv, so far mostly fresh series as most of the new season of summer standby's is later this month or the first part of July. In Plain Sight isn't too bad, I was expecting a little more comedy than what the show has deliveed so far in the first couple episodes. The pilot was a little more dry than the following episodes have been so it's on a up swing for me anywas.

I was really looking forward to Fear Itself on NBC, a anthology type horror show where evey week is a self contained story. It seems to be the networks vesion of Showtime's Masters of Horror series that ran for 2-3 seasons. I really enjoyed the first episode which was a cross between The Village and a vampire story. The second episode was a little more 'ghost' story' and just didn't pull me in as much, although that could be because I had to wait to watch it (more on that in a minute).

Swingtown was the last one I caught and so far its been about what I expected, the musiic is cool, if even a little before my time. The 70's seem to have been a very free-spirited time when drugs, sex, and rock & roll was all people thought about. So far the show seems to have zeroed in on the setting though the cars, interiors, and clothing all looks to be right on target.

That brings me to my b&m segment, Kansas and its severe weather sucks ass. I settled into my chair Friday after work to catch the latest episodes of the forementioned Fear, and Swing to find that NBC showed maybe 20 minutes of Fear total not joining the show until 20 minutes in, and then flipping in and out of weather coverage for 5-10 minutes at a time. ABC was even worse doing storm coverage through the entire freaking episode of Swingtown. I realize it was sorta close Haysville/Rose Hill, but really do I need every major network to drop what their showing for it? No. If I want to know I'm quite capable of switching channels when, and if I deem it necessary.

All I can say is torrents are the best thing to happen to TV for quite a while, and almost on par with my DVR love.

No comments: