Thursday, January 15, 2009

Movies, and Fable II...

I decided to keep track of how many movies I watched this year, so I updated the sidebar starting January 1st, 2009 with Mamma Mia. Most of my influx has been blu-ray disc from Netflix, but I did go see a sneak last night of Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Truthfully from the previews I didn't expect much, if anything, from the movie mostly thinking it would be a slap stick comedy.


I liked Kevin James in King of Queens, although I wouldn't say it was a series I watched regularly I would catch new episodes every once in a while (plus syndicated showings). Thirty minutes in I was thinking that so far the only redeeming quality was the 80's soundtrack, but then it took an upward climb and finished out decent enough. The story revolves around Paul Blart (Kevin James) a mild-mannered security guard who has a crush on the new kiosk operator Amy, and a 'Black Friday' heist that naturally Paul has to come to the rescue and save 'his' mall. Why this movie didn't release in November is one of those great life mysteries, I'm guessing because the 'Black Friday' part isn't really pushed to the forefront. Overall enjoyable and funnier than I expected although the first 30 minutes is kinda slow once the heist kicks in it's pretty good.


I finally started playing Fable II the other day, when I seen the Knothole Island content was I out I figured it was time to give a whirl. I'm not too far in yet trying to go through good, but every once in a while I'll fire off a spell in town by accident. :( I don't how much that effects my good/evil standing, but hopefully it's not too harsh.

No comments: